Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lazy blogger!

Stopped at Aldi's the other day to pick up a few things. Spent $56.30

Some of the things I got..
5- 2lb boxes of spaghetti - $1.69 each
2 boxes boxes popcorn shrimp - $1.89 each
size 6 snow pants - $9.99 (yeahhhh! These should also fit for 2 years.)
2 5lb bags of sugar - $2.14 each
2 5lb bags of flour - $1.99 each
3 lb bag of onions $1.49

Christmas apparently comes early around these parts. Yesterday, my washer came! No more dragging stuff to the laundromat and wasting all my quarters! (Except blankets as there is no way they'd fit in my itty bitty washer.) Last night I used 1/4 cup of liquid detergent and the clothes came out great. They also did not dry stiff, except for one pair of Mercedes jeans. I will start adding some vinegar as a fabric softener when I wash jeans. I have a bottle or two of laundry detergent left and then I will be making my own using the following recipe. I will probably continue using 1/4 cup of detergent.

2 cups washing soda
2 cups borax
1 bar grated fels-napa laundry soap


Now.. I've never liked laundry, and I've always got baskets of clothes around the house that never seem to be put away. I'm going to try and change this habit. I now have no excuse, other then room for things to dry, not to be keeping up with laundry. The small load size is perfect for being able to wash every day. I can also fit about two loads of clothing from the washer onto the drying rack I have. I'm going to get another rack so it will be easier when big things like sheets or towels get washed.

I was also recently gifted with a lot of craft materials for free. This will definitely help the Christmas budget this year as I should be able to make at least a few more things. Not that I have any idea what to make! Later tonight I plan on working on two calendar kits I bought on clearence at Joann's awhile back. I paid less then $2 each for them and it will make a nice little gift for my mom and MIL. I've got both of them about half finished. I'm also knitting a scarf for SIL, but I'm really not liking the way it's comming out. I may start over, I just can't find the time to knit lately. I am also planning on making a few throw pillows for Mercedes' room. I should be able to get 2 or 3 out of the material I purchased for a few bucks in the remanant bin.

No comments: