Sunday, August 3, 2008

Frugal baby gifts.

Since my mom and I were invited to a baby shower for her co-worker, and Walgreen's recently had a diaper deal, I decided to make the mom-to-be a diaper cake. I'd never made anything like that before, but with the cheap diapers, what a better time to try it out.




















Here's what I used:
(almost) 2 packages of size 3 diapers - about $5
6pr baby socks - $2
1 trial size pack of baby wipes - free after Q
2 rolls of purple ribbon - 97¢ each
1 0-3m tshirt - $1
piglet ice pack - $1
decorative baby rattles - 6/$1
stickers - 50¢
baby spoons - 2/$1

The white ribbon, decorative pins and trial size products MIL gave me. I already had the rubber bands, straws, yarn, pink ribbon and platter at home.

I'm so excited that for about $12 I could make up such a nice gift.

I also did a nice little basket of "mom" goodies for her, all from my stockpile.
The basket contained:
shampoo
conditioner
body wash
bar of face soap
lotion
facial moisturizer
pack of feminine pads
deodorant
toothbrush
toothpaste
small pack of tissues
razor
shaving cream

Since all these items were from my stockpile, I am not sure on the cost. I will estimate $10. The basket, bow and tulle I all had at home.

No comments: