Friday, August 15, 2008

Walgreen's and Price Chopper Aug 14

I'm sorry to say no pictures again. It seems like every time I go shopping with my mom, as soon as we bring in the bags, she's in a hurry to put everything away. Not complaining that she wants to put away my stuff, but I didn't have time to drag it all out again for pictures.

Walgreen's

8 bags of M and Ms - 75¢ each after store Q (it scanned twice by accident), used 4 $1.50/2 Qs
coffee filters - .50¢ (supposed to be 99¢ but they didn't have the right size pkg)
paper lunch bags .99¢
4pk bic soleil razor blades - $3.99 sale after store Q, used 4 $3/1 Qs
6 packs Bic stick pens sale $2/1 - Used 3 $1/2 Qs - FREE!
6 bic highlighter 6pks - 39¢ each, used $1/2 Qs -
package of 4 rubber duckies - clearence $1.00
Disney Princess Backpack Activity kit clearance $2.00
6 Splenda (for mom) - $18 after store Q (forgot my man Qs grr)

Also used two $5 Register Rewards from last week's special K deal.

I had a raincheck for the bic highlighter 6 packs from a few weeks ago because my store had not gotten them in during the sale.

Total - 20.34 ($1.55 tax)
Mom's OOP - $18
My OOP - $2.34

Price Chopper

Total Spent - $94.34 Total Saved - $39.48

Highlights -
8 Totinos Pizza Rolls sale $1.25/box used 4 $1/2 coupons - 75¢ a box!
(SO loves these and can usually get 2 meals/snacks per box. I don't usually buy
them because they are usually $2+ per box.)
Pumpernickel bread B1G1 - $3.29
4 Nexcare Bandages B1G1 @ $3.49/2 used 4 $1/1 Qs - about 75¢ a box
2 medium size packages of steak - $2.34 for one, $2.77 for the other
(Of course, this is one day after telling SO I was not buying more meat until the
freezer was empty! I just couldn't pass up the price.)

I also got 2 cases of water ($8.00) and 6 boxes of granola bars ($12) that I will be selling at my yardsale tomorrow to try and get some extra cash. I always buy from people selling water or kiddo's having a bake sale at yardsales. It is nice for a cold drink and a little snack on a hot day. Hopefully other people will have this mentality too.

No comments: